Tuesday, March 8, 2011

For diabetes and hypoglycemia: what is the difference between the glycemic index vx. glycemic load of foods?

I studied a low glycemic index carbohydrate foods that implements slowly find. I'm not diabetic, but I know I can hypoglycemia diabetes. Now I am confused by the conflicting information I received about the glycemic index is not a true indication of how our blood sugar reacts to carbohydrates. For example, carrots probably has a higher GI than most vegetables, but react differently in our blood than the same amount of carbohydrates from refined bread and sugar would. All information will be appreciated. By the way, hypoglycemia is not a problem for me, because I rarely see me avoiding sugary foods for years. The amount of fiber in the diet reduces RHE absorptions of food and lower GI than other foods with the same amount of carbohydrates and less fiber. I eat granary bread, basmatti rice, whole grains and Whole wheat pasta at my low GI Garber. Vegetables do not worry, I as much as I like pulses are also low GI so add the beans and chile. salads, casseroles, etc. Just keep in refined foods (white flour and sugar) to a mimimum and consumption of fat as fat interferes with the way the body uses insulin. good books have information on this area .

0 comments:

Post a Comment